The Fall Kite Festival is back in Lincoln City and full of high flying fun, special performances, activities and spectacular kites – including pod of life-sized gray whale shaped kites.
When: October 5 & 6 from 10am – 4pm
Where: D-River Wayside
Bring yourself, your family and friends, and a few kites for testing the wind.
2013 Fall Kite Festival Event Schedule
OCTOBER 5-6, 2013
- 10am: Opening Announcements.
- 10-11am: Meet Pacific Power and Light’s Kite Safety Man: Learn the safe way to enjoy kite flying!
- 11-1pm: Kite Making Workshop with Phantom Star Designs: $5 Tyvek Kite Kit.
- 10-12noon: Performances by featured fliers.Tales of Tails, Kite Festival in Lincoln City, Oregon
- 10-2pm: FREE Kids Kite Making Workshop: Calling all Kids! Make your own paper kite that actually flies!
- 10-4pm: Kids Passports: All kids will receive a FREE passport to the world of kites. Collect autographs from the featured fliers to win great prizes! Passports are available at the Event Tent.
- 10-4pm: BIG Show Kites – including a pod of life-size Whale kites – adorn the Lincoln City sky!
- 10-4pm: Raffle Prizes: Enter to win Lincoln City Signature Glass Floats, gift certificates, kite-related prizes and more! Raffle tickets are $1 each, or 6 for $5. Help us keep our beaches clean and receive a FREE raffle ticket by exchanging a full bag of beach debris at the Event Tent for your ticket.
- 12noon: Running of the BOLs: Bragging rights to those who can run the fastest into the wind while harnessed to a doughnut shaped kite! Register on the field during the event.
- 2pm: Kids Parade: After making their kites, the kids parade down to the beach to show-off their incredible creations!
- 2:30-4pm: Performances by featured fliers.
- 4pm: Festival close