Come down to the D-River Wayside in Lincoln City from 10am to 4pm , June 22 – 23 to enjoy one of the highlights of Lincoln City: The Summer Kite Festival. Saturday and Sunday will be full of high flying fun, including a “pod” of life-sized Gray Whale Kites, a free children’s kite making clinic, and performances by featured kite masters.
- 10am: Opening Announcements.
- 10-11am: Meet Pacific Power and Light’s Kite Safety Man: Learn the safe way to enjoy kite flying!
- 11-1pm: Kite Making Workshop with Phantom Star Designs: $5 Tyvek Kite Kit.
- 10-12noon: Performances by featured fliers.
- 10-2pm: FREE Kids Kite Making Workshop: Calling all Kids! Make your own paper kite that actually flies!
- 10-4pm: Kids Passports: All kids will receive a FREE passport to the world of kites. Collect autographs from the featured fliers to win great prizes! Passports are available at the Event Tent.
- 10-4pm: BIG Show Kites – including a pod of life-size Whale kites – adorn the Lincoln City sky!
- 10-4pm: Raffle Prizes: Enter to win Lincoln City Signature Glass Floats, gift certificates, kite-related prizes and more! Raffle tickets are $1 each, or 6 for $5. Help us keep our beaches clean and receive a FREE raffle ticket by exchanging a full bag of beach debris at the Event Tent for your ticket.
- 12noon: Running of the BOLs: Bragging rights to those who can run the fastest into the wind while harnessed to a doughnut shaped kite! Register on the field during the event.
- 2pm: Kids Parade: After making their kites, the kids parade down to the beach to show-off their incredible creations!
- 2:30-4pm: Performances by featured fliers.
- 4pm: Festival close
Times are approximate and the schedule is subject to change due to the weather and other circumstances beyond control.