The 2014 Fall Kite Festival is going to be “Unleashed” on the town of Lincoln City October 4-5th.
The D-River Wayside will host the annual fall event from 10 am -4 pm Saturday and Sunday October 4th and 5th.. Featured kite flyers will demonstrate their talents, kids will be able to build a free kite and the adventurous can try challenging the wind in the Running of the BOL’s.
Come on down to the beach and enjoy many different ways to enjoy the fall air.
2014 FALL KITE FESTIVAL EVENT SCHEDULE – OCTOBER 4-5, 2014
- 10am: Opening Announcements.
- 10-11am: Be beach smart! Members of North Lincoln Fire and Rescue will be on hand to educate visitors about beach safety. Topics include tides, currents, waves, beach combing, flotation devices, logs and cliffs.
- 11-1pm: Kite Making Workshop with Phantom Star Designs: $5 Tyvek Kite Kit.
- 10-12noon: Performances by featured fliers.Tales of Tails, Kite Festival in Lincoln City, Oregon
- 10-2pm: FREE Kids Kite Making Workshop: Calling all Kids! Make your own paper kite that actually flies!
- 10-4pm: Kids Passports: All kids will receive a FREE passport to the world of kites. Collect autographs from the featured fliers to win great prizes! Passports are available at the Event Tent.
- 10-4pm: BIG Show Kites – including a pod of life-size Whale kites – adorn the Lincoln City sky!
- 10-4pm: Raffle Prizes: Enter to win Lincoln City Signature Glass Floats, gift certificates, kite-related prizes and more! Raffle tickets are $1 each, or 6 for $5. Help us keep our beaches clean and receive a FREE raffle ticket by exchanging a full bag of beach debris at the Event Tent for your ticket.
- 12noon: Running of the BOLs: Bragging rights to those who can run the fastest into the wind while harnessed to a doughnut shaped kite! Register on the field during the event.
- 1-2pm: Teddy Bear Drop. Kids will have a chance to catch a teddy bear that parachutes from a kite!
- 2pm: Kids Parade: After making their kites, the kids parade down to the beach to show-off their incredible creations!
- 2:30-4pm: Performances by featured fliers.
- 4pm: Festival close
This is an outdoor event, subject to the whims of weather as well as other circumstances outside our control. Times are approximate and the schedule may be subject to change.
Booking your Oregon coast vacation home is easy! Go to www.bellabeachrentals.com to view and reserve homes online. Or call Lisa at 541-921-8885 9am to 10 pm for assistance planning your trip. We are standing by to help you!