Everyone likes a good crab. On their dinner plate, that is! Want to learn how to catch your own fresh seafood? Take a 2015 Lincoln City Crabbing Clinic. It will cover all the basics on how to catch and even prep a crab for your vacation dinner!
Meet at the Pavilion at the end of SW 51st Street in the Taft District of Lincoln City for a brief orientation covering regulations, harvesting methods and cooking techniques.
Each crabber over 14 year swill require:
- Shellfish License
- Crab Traps
- Crab Gauge
- 5 gallon bucket
- Large package of chicken legs for bait
- Rubber gloves to protect fingers (!)
When crabbing from shore, folding crab traps work best. Crab snares used with fishing poles can also be used, though they are less effective.
Crab Max folding traps will be available for purchase – with a free crab gauge. Cash or check only. Please arrive 30 minutes ahead if you are planning to purchase equipment.
2015 Crabbing Clinics
Pavilion at the end of SW 51st St
- Wednesday, June 10, 2015 @ 1:30pm
- Wednesday, August 5, 2015 @ 10:30am
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015 @ 9:30am
- Wednesday, September 16, 2015 @ 8:30am
- Thursday, October 1, 2015 @ 9:00am